Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rough Road



The sign read ROUGH ROAD.  Was this a sign depicting my life?  Nope, it was a silly sign on the side of the road warning me of the rough road ahead.  Immediately as I read the sign I chuckled, but then it got me thinking about this rough road thing.

This path we have been chosen to take is certainly not easy and most would consider it to be a rough road to travel on.  If you gave me a choice between an easy road and a rough road, I would most likely pick the easy road.  Would you agree?  Easy is...well, easy.  Have you ever sat down and thought about the path that your life has taken you?  Who is in the driver seat?  Are you in control or have you let go of the reins and let God direct your path?  Wow, if you would have told me that at the age of 25 I would be married, a military spouse, a mommy, living in Hawaii, and carrying my second baby whose life with us may be limited I would have told you that you were absolutely crazy!  And when I sit back and look how I got here, I know it was all totally a God thing, there are no other explanations for how blessed I have been and where my life has taken me.  Can you relate?

And I know it is a God thing that I am blessed to be Asher's mommy and travel down this rough road.  Now, my rough road may be totally different than your rough road and that is okay, that is the beauty of life.  But regardless, there is no way I would have openly chose this path for myself, but I can honestly say that I am grateful for the path that I am on.  I am blessed for the time that I have with this little boy, whether it be in my belly or on the outside.  This path has stretched me in ways I didn't know I could stretch.  It has tested my faith in ways I did not know were possible.  But most important, it has allowed me to fully rely on God to guide my every step.  It is safe to say that I have never been a road like the one I am currently on.  Scary, yes extremely.  Doable, yes totally with God guiding and strengthening us every step of the way!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11


No comments:

Post a Comment