Friday, May 10, 2013

A Girl's Best Friend

As Mother's Day is quickly approaching, I figure this post is much needed.  My husband has been out of town all week on travel for work, so it has been me, Micah, and the 2 dogs all week!  It has been a fairly quiet week, some time with friends here and there, but nothing beats the company of my husband.  Things always feel a tad bit off when he is away!  I very quickly realized all that he takes care of around the house and stuff that I know absolutely nothing about.  I actually created a mental list of stuff I needed to find out from him for when he is actual gone for a significant amount of time and I can't always call him up with my silly questions!

Anyways, the week is coming to an end and we all survived!  The dogs have managed to learn how to walk with the stroller after being run over a few dozen times.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

As I was playing around on pinterest tonight I came across this quote that said, "A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend."  I couldn't say it any better!  I am pretty sure I have called my mom every day this week just to chat.  Most of the time I did not really have anything important to discuss, but just felt like talking!  I know it makes my dad crazy, but there is just something about a girl talking to her mom!  Thanks mom for helping me out this week, you truly are the best!

It seems like the older I get, the more I appreciate my mom.  Not that I did not appreciate her before, but I just learn more and more of what she does for me as I get older, especially now that I have a child of my own.  After having Micah, I now can see a glimpse of how much you love me and all that you have done for me over the years that I never even thought about.  Thank you for all that you do for me and for supporting me in everything I do.  Thank you for scaring away the boogie monster time after time and thank you for kissing all my boo boos.  Thank you for always listening to me when I need it and thank you for always saying the right thing when I need it the most.  Thank you for reading to me and tucking me in every night.  Thank you for giving up sleep to cuddle with your sweet baby girl in the middle of the night.  Thank you for showing me the meaning of love and sacrifice.  Thank you for your encouragement and letting me make mistakes along the way.  Thank you for putting up with me.  Thank you for being my number one fan at all of my games over the years.  Thank you for praying for me and always reminding me of what is really important in life.  Thank you for sharing in the good and the bad and whatever life brings us.  Thank you for laughing with me and even crying with me over the years.  Thank you for believing in me.  Thank you for your friendship and your unconditional love.  Thank you for making your children a priority and investing so much in each of our lives.  Thank you for being the perfect role model, I pray that I can be the same kind of mom to little Micah.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for EVERYTHING!!!  Thank you for being my mom, I am so blessed to call you that!

So many wonderful wonderful memories over the past 25 years and so many more to come!  Happy Mother's Day to the best mom a girl could ask for!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment