Saturday, March 30, 2013

We have officially been in Hawaii a week now, can you believe that?  I have not been writing much since we got here because not a whole lot has happened.  Sam started work on Monday, so I have been stranded at the hotel all week without a car.  I will say that the first few days were a bit of a struggle for me.  I was missing home a lot, but every day seems to get a little better.  A lot of it has to do with being cooped up in this hotel room!  Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful at this resort.  However, sometimes I feel like I am at the zoo.  You can hear everything, and I mean everything!  At any given time I can hear this obnoxious parrot squawking, dogs howling, roosters crowing, and cats meowing!  A little peace and quiet will be nice to have again.
OUR NEW HOME!!!!!!

The good news is that we arrived in Hawaii at the perfect time!  We will be moving in to our brand new house on base on Monday, in a little over 1 day!  I am beyond excited for this!  I miss cooking and having a space to call our own.  For the past month people have been asking where do you live and for the first time in my life I didn't have an answer.  We have just been going from here to there for over a month now, and finally we will have a place to call home!  You know what that means, we are ready for some visitors!

This is the view from our master bedroom!   Even with the construction, it is still beautiful!
We have done a little exploring the past week and everywhere is beautiful.  I don't think seeing the bright blue water every day will ever get old!  Today we spent some time at the North Shore with some friends.  We played the role of tourists, even though we are not considered tourists because we live here now : )  Anyways, we browsed through all the cute little shops and indulged in the famous Mashimoto Hawaiian Shaved Ice.  Driving down, I was able to have a peek at the big waves, yikes, they really do exist!  My dad and brothers are going to be in heaven when they come here, I am so excited to show them around, they are going to love it!  Maybe they will come and decide to stay permanently!  No pictures of the big waves this time, too many tourists were out and about today since it was the weekend, another time I will show you!

Shaved Ice!
Lesson learned this week:  do all your grocery shopping at the commissary.  We forgot lettuce to make a salad so we thought we would stop at Safeway on the way back to the hotel to pick up a bag of lettuce.  We came out with some plain old ordinary lettuce that had a price tag of $6.29!!!

Hard to believe that tomorrow is Easter, I feel so out of sorts, I don't even know what day it is!  Anyways, I hope you all have a blessed Easter, we miss you all very much!  It stinks being so far away from family, even more so when holidays come around!
View at the hotel we are staying at

Happy boy!

Another view from the hotel

Oh, Hi there! 


Micah's first take of the ocean, he was in awe!


No comments:

Post a Comment